Tuesday 16 February 2016

Task 13 - Evaluation Question: 3 - What have you leaned from your audience feedback?

The Script:
How I received Feedback?
After publishing my first draft of my A2 short on Blogger, I received feedback immediately from fellow classmates and tutors. Each student would publish their draft to the Media YouTube channel, and in turn, each student would have their Media product watched and reviewed on. Each student would then give themselves open-ended questions to ask fellow students. For example, a few of mine were; What is the narrative? Are there any major issues with editing? or Do you understand the basic premise of "The Game"?

What did I learn from my feedback?
By the end of November, I had over 35 Blog posts showing my overall progression. The November feedback was more tutor based, the key points for feedback being; too confusing and not cohesive enough of a story. In an attempt to rework the editing process as to why it was fragmented in pace, I did come to realise that the overall narrative and premise was confusing too.

Towards the end of September I received feedback on my initial pitch for my A2 product; which was initially going to be a documentary looking at the harmful effects of viral challenges on teenagers. However I was encouraged to follow where my early efforts had been put into, which was creating a short 5 minute movie. I was further encouraged to keep up to date on where I was in production, thus showing clearly on my Blog my "creative journey". In total completing around 45 Blog Post by the end of my A2 Product. In being too late to rework the premise as this would further affect my ancillary texts, I recorded some scenes from my first initial draft which outlined clearly how "The Club" works . I was cautious of including this exhibitions into my short as I wanted to make it overly ambiguous - keeping to Thriller convention. However, this dialogue was very much needed and so it was edited into the final cut of the Short.

The Link: https://prezi.com/lwypwpfczhhl/evaluation-question-3-/

No comments:

Post a Comment